Many women who have had children would like to have their pre-baby bodies back. Mommy makeovers can help those women achieve their goals.
Based in Draper, Utah, Dr. Steven Warnock is an experienced surgeon who has helped hundreds of women improve their appearance and self-esteem through mommy makeover procedures. For information on Dr. Warnock’s practice, or to make an appointment, contact our office today.
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery offers information on mommy makeovers, and who may be a good candidate for the procedure.
What Is A Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeovers are typically a combination of procedures designed specifically to restore your body to how it looked before you became pregnant and had children.
Mommy makeovers often target your abdomen and breasts. So most mommy makeovers can include:
- Tummy tucks.
- Breast augmentations, lifts, or breast reduction.
- Liposuction focusing on your arms, legs or trunk.
While the term mommy makeover has been in use for a relatively short period, the procedures it includes have been used safely and effectively for years.
When to Think About Having A Mommy Makeover
Here are some things to consider:
- Has your pregnancy negatively impacted the shape and size of your breasts?
- Are you unhappy that you have a tummy that sags, and has stretch marks?
- Do you have fat pockets located around your waist, arms, abdomen or thighs? Has dieting and working out failed to improve these issues?
Like any surgical procedure, mommy makeovers have pros and cons.
Benefits of mommy makeovers include:
- Gaining a younger-looking bust and flatter tummy.
- Having your clothes and bathing suits fit better, giving you a more attractive look.
- Restoring your body to a more youthful look.
Some potentially troublesome issues can arise after mommy makeovers.
If you undergo a breast implant procedure, implants must be monitored and may need to be replaced in the future.
If you become pregnant after having a mommy makeover, the results you achieved may be compromised. Gaining weight after the procedure also can compromise results.
Would I Be A Good Candidate?
Mommy makeovers are performed to combat and reverse body changes that come with having children – and getting older.
You may want to consider a mommy makeover after you have children if:
- Your breasts sag.
- Your breasts are uneven.
- Your breast volume has decreased.
- You have nipples that droop.
- Your breasts have grown so much that they are no longer in proportion with your body.
- Your breasts cause you back pain.
- Your tummy includes loose skin or stretch marks.
- Your waistline has thickened and become undefined.
- You underwent a C-section that has left fat hanging over your scar.
- You have love handles, or extra fat in the thighs and hips.
- Your face is showing signs of early aging, especially around the eyes.
If your overall health is good, and you have a healthy attitude about what a mommy makeover can and cannot do, this procedure could help restore your body to a younger look.
Contact Dr. Warnock’s office today to set up a consultation to determine if a mommy makeover is right for you.