In part one of this two-part blog series, we went over a few of the most important question areas to consider asking your plastic surgeon or others in the office before a breast augmentation surgery. Breast implants are a significant life choice, and it’s important to ensure you understand all the facts and your options before moving forward.
At the offices of Steven Warnock MD, we’re happy to patiently answer any and all questions about our breast augmentation surgery procedures. We will not move forward until we’re sure you’re 100% satisfied with the facts presented to you and your available options, having consulted with both Dr. Warnock and family members about the procedure if appropriate. Here are a few other important areas to ask about, including the surgery itself and recovery queries.
Questions on Surgery Itself
Here are some areas you should inquire about when it comes to the actual surgical procedure:
- Where will surgery be done? If the location is a surgical center, are there provisions for hospital admission included if this becomes necessary?
- Is the facility being used properly licensed and accredited for this procedure?
- Will there be any other specific procedures performed during breast augmentation surgery?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used, if any? Who will administer said anesthesia? Are there any risks regarding this anesthesia that I need to know about?
- How long should I expect surgery to take from start to finish?
- Will I be released to go home immediately after surgery, or kept for any particular length of time?
- Will I have scarring following surgery? If so, where will it be and how big will it be? Will it eventually fade with time?
Breast Implant Recovery Questions
Some important questions to ask about your recovery period include:
- Will I be in pain following surgery? How long will this last? Can I be prescribed pain medication?
- Are there risks of potential complications? What are the signs of these, and how can I reduce my risks?
- Will I need to wear a special bra?
- Will I be able to immediately return to normal activities, or will there be a waiting period? If so, how long?
- Will I need to return for any follow-up visits? If so, how long after initial surgery will these be scheduled?
Future Health Questions
Finally, it’s important to ask about any areas where your future health might be impacted, including:
- Are there any common future problems with breast implants? What are the signs of such issues?
- Will pregnancy have any impact on my breast implants?
- Relatedly, will I be able to breastfeed if I’ve had breast implants? How will breastfeeding affect the appearance of breast implants?
- Can breast implants rupture? If so, what are the signs?
For more on important questions to ask your surgeon before breast augmentation surgery, or to learn about any of our cosmetic surgery services, speak to the staff at the offices of Steven Warnock MD today.