For many people who are looking for a firmer, fuller bust, breast augmentation is a valuable and beneficial cosmetic surgery procedure. It involves inserting breast implants to enhance the appearance of the breasts, customized to your specific body type and the look you’re going for.
At the offices of Dr. Steven Warnock, breast implants are one of many cosmetic surgery options we offer for those in need. Like with any significant cosmetic procedure, it’s important to ask questions in a few basic areas in advance of scheduling a breast augmentation appointment. This two-part blog will go over several vital areas to inquire about, plus some specific questions to ask.
For starters, there are a few important queries you should pose about your potential breast implants, your body and the plan for your procedure:
- Would the surgeon recommend silicone or saline implants in my case? What do they base this recommendation on?
- What are my viable options for size, shape and texture of breast implants, and which is right for me?
- Which incision site and placement style is best for me?
- Are there other procedures, such as a breast lift, I should consider instead of breast augmentation?
- If I choose breast implants, what will they feel like? Will the procedure change the sensation on any part of the breast?
Living With Breast Implants
There are also several things to ask about when it comes to the future following a breast augmentation procedure:
- How long can I expect my breast implants to last?
- Will time and aging have an impact on my implants?
- Do I need to perform any specific tasks to maintain my implants?
- Can implants be removed or changed out for a different size if I prefer to do so?
- Will I need to have additional future operations on my breast implants? If so, how many?
- What are my available options if I don’t like my implants after they’re already in place?
Surgeon Quality and Experience
It’s also vital to ask about the surgeon’s experience and quality, questions we’re happy to answer in our practice. These may include:
- Is the surgeon board-certified?
- Does the surgeon have hospital privileges?
- What level of experience does the surgeon have with breast implant surgeries? How many have been performed in the last year?
- How often does the surgeon or office utilize saline implants versus silicone implants?
- Can you provide before-and-after photos for previous patients who have undergone the breast augmentation procedure?
- How frequently do your patients develop complications? Which are most common, and how do you help treat them?
- How commonly is a reoperation necessary?
For more on the important questions to ask before scheduling a breast augmentation procedure, or to learn about any of our liposuction, mommy makeovers or other cosmetic services, speak to the staff at the offices of Dr. Steven Warnock today.